Welcome to Gardner Edgerton School District!
A leader in Kansas education
Gardner Edgerton USD 231 provides education at its finest. Our commitment to excellence and passion for working with young people has created a world-class organization whose primary objective is to maximize the potential of all students in meeting high academic standards and expectations.
USD 231 serves the communities of Gardner and Edgerton in the southwest corner of Johnson County, Kansas, with a current enrollment of more than 5,200. Gardner Edgerton has six elementary schools (K-4), two middle schools (5-8) and one high school (9-12).
At Gardner Edgerton School District you will find:
Top Ranked Schools
• USD 231’s high achieving accomplishments have not gone unnoticed. Eight district schools have earned a total of 14 Governor’s Achievement Awards since 2006, ranking them among the top 5 percent of schools in the state of Kansas. Sunflower Elementary was the first USD 231 school to receive the National Blue Ribbon Award in 2011.
State Standard of Excellence Schools
• Maintaining the best atmosphere for learning remains a top priority of the district. Students thrive in a caring and supportive environment where progress and success is applauded. No Child Left Behind accountability standards have united our principals, teachers, students, parents and the greater community to continuously improve student performances. When it comes to achieving the standards for Adequate Yearly Progress, Gardner Edgerton students consistently outperform state standards. In 2011, Gardner Edgerton USD 231 schools achieved the State Standard of Excellence in 64 out of 67 possible opportunities in reading and math.
Highly Qualified Award-winning Staff
• There is a tradition of excellence in USD 231 schools. Our teachers create challenges and provide support to move our students from the basic skills to extraordinary accomplishments. Gardner Edgerton is committed to recruiting and hiring the best prepared, best qualified teachers available.
A Caring, Supportive Learning Environment
• USD 231 recognizes that each child is a unique individual – possessing talents, abilities, goals, and dreams. We further recognize that each child can only be successful when we acknowledge all aspects of that child’s life: addressing needs, enhancing the intellect, developing character, and uplifting the spirit. USD 231 strives to meet the needs of each student, to challenge them, and to provide the necessary tools to succeed.
• The world is changing, and our students are changing – both at an accelerated pace. USD 231 prepares our youth to meet the rapidly changing world by exposing them to a wide range of learning opportunities. Technology is integrated into the curriculum and classroom to open new resources and new fields of work and study. All Gardner Edgerton schools have the benefit of a wireless environment, allowing teachers to facilitate student learning with laptop computers, streaming video, web-based learning tools, and other advanced software and hardware devices.
A Legacy of Excellence
• Gardner Edgerton USD 231 is recognized as one of the finest school districts in the state. Our initiatives to engage staff in the best learning techniques, to engage parents in educational ideas and understandings, to engage students in the many opportunities of growth and discovery, and to engage the community in continued academic partnerships, keeps USD 231 on the cutting edge of educational leadership.
Click here to Apply Online.