What We Do
(For a list of special services staff, please click on the Administrative Staff Tab on the menu to the left.)
Through an individualized educational program, prepare students to become productive citizens within our community.
Welcome to the Department of Special Services. Our goal is to meet each student’s individual needs. Through collaboration with related services, general education, administration and parents we are able to define and address the needs of our students. We are proud to be able to offer a full continuum of services beginning from birth through graduation. With an emphasis on inclusion, our teams proactively discuss each student’s needs within the least restrictive environment.
- Gardner Edgerton Special Services has a long history of delivering quality services for students with special needs.
- Our Special Education Services are Fully Integrated and Supported within the District’s Educational Program
- A Full Continuum of Services are Provided to Meet Specific Individual Student Needs
- A Comprehensive Range of Services Occurs Between Early Childhood through Post Secondary Transition
- Cutting Edge Web Based IEP Program Delivers Easy Accessibility
- Staff is Dedicated to Ensuring Gifted / Enhancement Services Are Well Designed
- Dedicated to High Academic Achievement For All Students
- Methods of Teaching Accentuate Specifically Designed Instruction
- Dynamic and Supportive Inclusion Philosophy
- Proactive Collaboration between General Education and Special Education
- Dedicated and Outstanding Paraeducator Support
- Parents are Valued as Integral Members of the Team
- Supportive, Caring, and Visionary Administrative Team
- Exciting Partnerships with Outside Agencies, Local Universities and Various Businesses are Formed to Enhance the Lives of our Students.
- The Potential to Impact the Lives of your Students within the Special Services Department is Tremendous