Board of Education
Committed to Excellence
Gardner Edgerton USD 231 Board of Education received a Magna Award for their support of an innovative district marketing plan to recruit new teachers.
Your local school board works in close collaboration with district administrative staff, providing patron oversight and ensuring that district decisions reflect community values. Each member of the school board is a local community resident, and all either have children attending district schools or who graduated from Gardner Edgerton schools.
Facts about the School Board
- School board members are elected officials.
- School board members serve four-year terms.
- There are seven school board members: two from each of the three established board member districts, and one at-large member.
- A school board member must live within his or her established board member district. The at-large member may reside anywhere within the school district.
- School board members are not paid for their service to the school district.
- School board positions come up for election on a rotating basis:
Board District 1
Position 4: Elected in 2009; next election in 2013 (Michael McNulty)
Position 1: Elected in 2007; next election in 2015 (James Repshire)
Board District 2
Position 5: Elected in 2009; next election in 2013 (Randy Fruits)
Position 2: Elected in 2007; next election in 2015 (Mary Herbert)
Board District 3
Position 6: Elected in 2009, next election in 2013 (Ron Ragan)
Position 3: Elected in 2007; next election in 2015 (Tim Rayburn)
Position 7: Elected in 2007; next election in 2015 (Mark Grannell)
2012-2013 Board Meeting Dates
The Kansas Association of School Boards
National School Boards Association
American School Board Journal